Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hotel New York

Yesterday was a good day. Even though it was spent mostly doing chores and running errands on four hours of sleep, I felt like I accomplished something. The only chore that carried over to this morning was dropping off seven bags of clothes at Goodwill. I didn't realize they opened at nine, so I had to kill some time at my favorite store on the planet--Target.

The month of April was great because it was my birthday and I spent it at home. The month of May is/was awesome because I had my lovely friends visiting. We like to joke that my family owns two hotels--one on each coast. For as long as I can remember my family has always thrown parties at the house or had a revolving door of guests staying with us. So, I guess it's only fitting that little custom got passed down to me.

Last weekend WH drove up from Tennessee to pay me a visit. We roamed the city and visited her favorite NY restaurant--twice! If you had the food at this place you'd know why we had to keep going back. Her visit was pretty chill and relaxing, which is pretty much how she likes it.

JG on the other hand--he's all about being a tourist in the big, bad city. He managed to drag L-Dawg and his friend from California on the road trip from Missouri. Yes, as you can tell, my friends are all about the driving. The crew is currently sleeping in various parts of my home since they arrived very early this morning. So, I'm sitting here doing bills, a little bit of work, and as you can see, posting a quick update.

I'll keep you posted...

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to spray down EVERYTHING they have touched. You have no idea where those people have been. Vagrants.

    ReplyDelete