Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend of Nothing

As usual, I had high hopes of being productive, but I didn't get one thing done. Not one damn thing. For the past week I've been coughing up a storm, which has prevented me from getting a good night's sleep. Now, before you ask, no, I don't have swine flu. No fever, no runny nose, no aches or pains--just a dry cough and tired body.

I've been loading up on cough medicine, vitamin c, cough drops and tea with honey, but I still have that scratch in my throat. So, when my cough finally let me sleep this weekend, I embraced it by sleeping in as long as I could. I believe I woke up at 1:30 this afternoon after waking up at all hours of the night to drink some water, go to the bathroom, readjust my pillows and get cough drops. Yes, I realize falling asleep with a cough drop in my mouth isn't exactly a smart thing to do, but I was desperate--I'd been sleeping on my couch all week and I was determined to find sleep on my bed again.

I really need to get over this and get some energy again. I've neglected my home and I desperately need to do laundry, wash my dishes, organize the mess on my kitchen table, clean up the bathroom and vacuum up all the hair and dust balls on my floor. Not to mention, I have important docs and bills that need to get into the mail ASAP. I just want to kick whatever this is in the ass already so I can get back to my regularly scheduled life.

No comments:

Post a Comment