Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Seriously Rain, Go Away

Yes, it is still raining. We had a slight break today and actually saw the sun, but I can hear the pitter patter of raindrops once again. Sigh.

Despite the weather dampening my spirits this week, I did receive some pretty great news. Two of my friends are preggers. Coincidentally, they're both due around the same time, and they told me the news on the same day in almost the same way--at the very end of an email--almost like an "oh by the way" comment. Too funny. I think the award for the best "I'm pregnant" announcement was by one of my coworkers. She simply held a sign against the glass on my office door that read "I'm knocked (arrow pointing up)." Since it was done in the afternoon, it took me a second to understand what it meant. Yeah, sometimes I'm a little slow.

Anyway, I am so very happy for these two girls. They're so excited about being pregnant, which makes me super-excited as well. I can't wait to find out who's next. With most of my friends married, it really could be anyone at this point. Hmmm...I wonder, who should I put my money on?

2 comments:

  1. It better not rain when I'm there dammit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do the rain dance before you come here to ensure you get the maximum amount of rain during your visit. Always looking out for you.

    ReplyDelete