Thursday, May 21, 2009

Seeing Red

It's amazing how people continually let me down. Maybe it's my fault--I allow people to let me down and my expectations are too high. Apparently it's unfair for me to expect someone to respect a favor by following the rules. And perhaps I should stop giving people the benefit of the doubt--I'm giving them more credit than they deserve. I'll excuse a lot and put up with a lot, but sometimes people do things that I can't seem to shake off so easily.

I don't know, whatever. I know this sounds all cryptic, but I'm so pissed off right now I can't even string together the words to explain the situation.

The day didn't start off too terrible. It just ended crappy. Yes, I had work and yes, the day dragged, but it was tolerable. Nothing too crazy happened to send me off the deep end (well, not until the evening phone call). We even had a fun little visit from the Smirnoff people in the afternoon. They made us drinks with their new flavored vodkas and even brought cute drink shakers for us to take home. I have to say that the pomegranate vodka/lemonade drink was very tasty.

Tomorrow I have a gift expo to attend, which means free stuff to take home--always exciting. Even better than that is the fact that the CW upfronts will be happening just two blocks away from me. I plan on doing a walk-by, but given the economy, I highly doubt they're going to fly their top celebs out to attend this thing. I suspect the only "stars" in attendance will be the ones from their new shows--which don't look all that great to me. I'm sorry, but aren't we done with the vampires yet?

Oh well, the red I was seeing earlier has faded to a dark pink, so hopefully tomorrow I won't be so wound up and disappointed. Maybe I'll even be a little forgiving. Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment