Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

I love lazy, rainy Sunday afternoons. I'm sitting here typing this entry, listening to Marie Digby and the rain falling outside. Of course, the TV is on mute in the background.

This morning I went into the city to meet CR for breakfast at Good Enough to Eat. There's something about having breakfast in the city, especially on the weekend, that I love. It's probably because it's the only time I see the city so calm and serene. I ordered the corned beef hash, which was great, but I have to admit my favorite part of the meal was the biscuits with strawberry butter. I really love biscuits...especially when they're covered in strawberry butter. Yum.

After breakfast we walked in the slight drizzle to the movie theater. On our way we passed by some firefighters walking into Bed, Bath & Beyond. This was a little odd. Why would a bunch of NYC firefighters park their truck on the corner and walk into this type of store? Did they need a new trash can for the firehouse? New pots and pans? It was interesting. They looked pretty hot in their uniforms. Of course a few of them were rocking Yankees hats, and I could hear them saying something about the Angels hat I was wearing. I almost wanted to follow them into the store and start talking trash, but then remembered that my team was down in the series. I have to say, wearing a sports hat does catch the attention of guys. Forget the low-cut shirts and short skirts, I just need to wear a sports paraphrenalia, hang some meat around my neck and carry a beer to catch the attention of a guy in this city.

Anyway, we watched Ghosts of Girlfriends Past with Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Garner. It was pretty predictable and totally followed the romantic comedy formula, but it was still a cute movie and perfect for a rainy day. What was even more awesome was that the movie was only $6! Do you know how hard it is to see a movie for $6 in NYC? It's like the holy grail. CR and I decided that it's our new favorite movie theater. We suspect the low price probably had to do with watching it before noon, but I don't care. A bargain is a bargain at any time of the day.

As much as I wanted to fight it, I came home from my morning trip and took a short nap. I tried to keep it under the normal 2 1/2 hours my weekend naps tend to be. Those long naps really throw my sleep pattern off and give me a headache. I think I was able to wake up after half an hour. Now I'm looking around my home and the filth that has accumulated. I know I need to get off this couch and do something about it, but the thought of going to work tomorrow is keeping my ass glued to the cushions.

No comments:

Post a Comment