Thursday, May 7, 2009

Things that Go Bump in the Night

Early this morning I was awoken from my slumber by an incessant noise that I thought, at first, was part of some dream. As I slowly began to wake up, I realized that noise was real and not a figment of my imagination. My first thought was, "Why is my neighbor working out at this hour?" Then I thought, "Is she hanging a picture?" When I heard a groan and the noise stopped, it became somewhat clear to me what exactly was going on upstairs.

Still a little skeptical, I thought, "Maybe I was just imagining it--maybe the noise was coming from outside." I checked my watch. It was 1:48 a.m. Normally I can sleep through anything, but not tonight. No, tonight there would be no sweet dreams for me, no uninterrupted sleep. After spending a few minutes of playing the "nah, well, maybe, nah, couldn't be" game in my head, the noise started again. Fully awake now, I listened more intently. Rhythmic movement, a moan, a groan...yup, my neighbor having sex woke me up. I proceeded to text JG, because I knew he'd appreciate it. Then I called my sister to complain. I didn't fall asleep again until after 3 a.m. Thank you very much, neighbor!

1 comment: