Thursday, August 20, 2009

No Circus for Me

My horoscope for today:

It won't be a boring day. Startling, for sure--shocking, maybe. But definitely not boring, humdrum or run-of-the-mill. Your first surprise will likely arrive via either a coworker or someone else you see on a daily basis. Either way, they won't be acting even remotely close to the way they usually do. Of course, you being you, you'll enjoy the change -- and encourage it. Hey, it's your job to be a sparkplug. Might as well have fun with it.

Lately this thing has been so accurate, it's scary. The week I was in a crappy, horrible mood, each horoscope for every day of that week mentioned something about me being angry and getting into disagreements. Totally freaked me out.

Before I read this morning's blurb, I received a surprising email from my boss asking my co-worker and I if we wanted tix to the Britney Spears concert. Apparently, one of the intern programs we work with is giving them to us as a thank you. Unfortunately, I'm out of town next week. Of course I totally would have gone because say what you will about the girl, but she really can put on a show. I went to her Pepsi-sponsored concert years ago because we got free tix from a family friend, and it was definitely entertaining. Oh well...I wonder if they have any tix to the U.S. Open they can give us. ;)

No matter--hopefully I'll be able to catch an Angels game while I'm home, and I'm really hoping my sister's hook-up can get us tix to the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach. I've lived in Orange County most of my life and I still haven't been to a show. What is this you ask? It's basically an art show where they re-create famous works of art with real people. It's really cool if you're into that kind of stuff.

OK, I have a few more things to do before I hit the sheets, so I better get to them. Vacation here I come! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment