Monday, August 31, 2009

I'm Baaaack!

After a week of some fun in the extremely hot sun, I'm back on the east coast where it already feels like fall. Sigh...where did the summer go?

As usual I had a fantastic week, and I'm exhausted. I always feel like I run out of time on these trips and never get to spend enough quality time with my friends and family, but I do what I can. During this visit I opted to spend a little more time with the family mainly because I've been missing them a lot lately. Hopefully I'll be able to see everyone on my next visit, including PB & HB's new baby girl. She's scheduled to arrive on January 5, but I'm hoping she decides to make an early appearance so I can meet her. :)

The one thing I did a lot of on this trip was eat. Boy did I eat. I feel like I need to detox. Everything was just so good I couldn't resist. RJ introduced me to this awesome strawberry croissant thing that I'm craving now. Yum! I was also able to go to Sonic numerous times. I love my strawberry limeades and strawberry creamslushes. Happy hour between 2-4 p.m. was the greatest because all drinks were half off!

And of course I did manage to find time for the puppies. My sweet girl Roxy was awesome as usual and little Mocha and Bruce were so cute I just wanted to cuddle with them all day. Poor little Gizmo got stung in the nose by a bee and his mouth and nose swelled so much he had to be taken to the animal hospital. He's fine now, but I have to say, he looked really cute--kind of like Scooby Doo.

Now that I'm back it's time for me to gear up for September--lots of things going on including tons of work, all the fall TV premieres, the U.S. Open, Hamlet and outings with people I haven't seen in ages. Before I know it, October will be here already. Seriously, what happened to summer?

Did I mention I was tired?

No comments:

Post a Comment