Thursday, August 20, 2009

Goin' Back to Cali

I'm heading out West on Friday, and I'm pretty excited. As usual, I have some activities lined up already, but I'm also looking forward to spending some down time with the puppies...and my family, too.

I write about the puppies so often, I'm sure some are wondering why I don't have one of my own. The main reason is that the dog I want just doesn't fit into my lifestyle right now. Back home my aunt has a beautiful golden retriever, who's as sweet as can be, that she's willing to give me when I'm ready. Unfortunately, my building doesn't allow dogs over 25 pounds and I only live in 750 square feet with no yard. I realize people in the city have big dogs and small spaces, but I just couldn't do that to my dog. Plus, it'd be difficult to get home in time to let her out. It's usually 10-11 hours between the time I leave and when I get home. That's just torture. Of course, the last reason is economics. I just don't have the money for vets and doggie hotels.

So, I have to resort to traveling across the country to spend time with my favorite four-legged friends: Mocha, Bruce, Roxy and Gizmo. I used to have Diva in the city, but she moved to Colorado. Of course there's also Dolly and Lucy in Tennessee and Maui and Seymour in North Carolina. Before you say anything, yes, there are actual humans I can visit when I see these pups. And yes, I call all the dogs I love puppies.

Anyway, I've spent the week tying up loose ends at home and work. I'm going to have to do a little work on this vacation, but it's OK...I'm setting it up so all I have to do is click a few buttons to get everything updated. One thing I love about working on a website--you can do your job from anywhere.

I just packed my suitcase, so all I have to do tomorrow is put together some small odds and ends, and I should be good to go. I hope. It's funny, no matter how many lists you make or how prepared you think you are, you inevitably end up forgetting something. Which reminds me, I need to make sure my Dramamine is packed...

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you!!! We're keeping the weather nice for you, too. xoxo DS

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you just wait until you meet our puppy, bourbon. :)

    ReplyDelete