Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day

I'm not a fan of snow. Snow and I have never had a good relationship. So when I woke up this morning and saw inches of accumulation outside my window, well, let's just say I wasn't happy. Getitng bundled up to go outside sucks. Trudging through the snow sucks. Flakes smacking you in the face because the wind is swirling around you sucks. Get the idea? Thought you would.

While children got a snow day and adults opted out of the snowy commute, getting to work wasn't so difficult. Although, waiting for the bus was a pain. I would have taken a picture of the NYC skyline on my commute, but I didn't have the window seat and well, you wouldn't have seen anything except for a white wall. Yeah, not one building could be seen. Here, however is a photo from my office building:


It looked much worse in the suburbs. By the time I got into the city the snow was more dirty slush than white powder. Dirty slush and black ice. Argh. I can't wait until spring.

1 comment:

  1. I was all jealous of everyone getting to hang out in NYC and see U2, but all that snow made me glad I'm comfy in So. Cal. Just a few more weeks and you can be in short sleeves, too!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete