Sunday, March 8, 2009

An Hour Makes a Difference

So I'm sitting here staring at the clock and thinking I really should make a move to go to bed. The only problem is I'm not sleepy yet--and my bed has no sheets on it. I decided to do laundry today, which included sheets. Instead of doing any of that, I'm typing away while Nacho Libre is on the TV.

I didn't have a very exciting weekend. I woke up way too early on Saturday morning to get my blood drawn--I thought getting there at 7 would limit my wait time. I was wrong. I was there an hour. Then I went home to eat and shower before I went to my eye doctor appointment. That took over an hour because of issues with my insurance and having my eyes dilated. By the time I walked out of there I was sure I shouldn't get behind the wheel--everything was hazy and the light was killing me. Loved that it was warm this weekend, but the sun's rays were not helping me on the road. Instead of going home, I decided I needed to do some grocery shopping so I could eat. By the time I got home and fed myself, I was so exhausted I had to take a nap. When I woke up, I decided to watch Running with Scissors--disturbing flick, but pretty good.

Today consisted of waking up later than I'd planned, stopping by Best Buy to get a printer cable (and two movies out of the $4.99 bin--I couldn't resist), and then doing a ton of laundry at the laundromat. There really are some interesting people at those places--very good for people watching. Now I'm sitting here laughing randomly at Nacho and finding music to download. I should be making my bed and getting into it.

Yes, I lead a really exciting life. I have to admit, my posts for this blog aren't nearly as interesting as the posts of my past blogs. But then again, I was younger and doing more things. These days I'm perfectly content to hang out at home. That may change when spring and summer come around. There are a lot of things in the city I still haven't experienced, so when the weather gets a little better, I may just make a list and try checking them off--another one of my New Year's resolutions. Now that I think about it, I have quite a few:

1) Eat better & be more active
2) Start a blog/writing again
3) Be better at keeping in touch with people
4) Remember birthdays again
5) Check things off the "Things to Do in NYC" list

OK, so maybe five isn't a whole lot.

Man, I forgot how funny Nacho Libre was--watching the scene where his robe catches on fire and everyone at the monastery finds out he's a wrestler. Anyway, I was going to blog about some interesting products I saw at the Green Expo I went to over a week ago, but I still haven't been able to sort through all the stuff. I took a lot of it home from work on Friday so I could look through it, but I never did. It's tough to think about work on the weekends even though it's the perfect time for me to catch up.

It was funny, when I was gathering all the stuff, I decided I'd clean my desk also. My coworker came in and was caught a little off guard. She said it looked like I was packing up to leave. Well, she was half right. I'm making it easier to get out of there just in case I'm laid off. Everyone keeps telling me that I'm safe and still have a job, but that little part of me just doesn't want to be surprised again. I already went through something like that once. I want to be better prepared this time. Trust me, I'm trying to get a Plan B in the works. Don't be surprised if you see me working at your local Target.

All things considered, I really do like my job and what I do. I think it fits me. Do I wish the environment and some of the people could be a little different? Of course--that's the case at every job. But in terms of the job itself, I do enjoy it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can keep doing it until at least the end of the year.

OK, I suppose that's enough rambling. I'm going to make my bed now.

2 comments:

  1. I was semi-watching Nacho on Friday night at my seester's house but there were cousins and children there doing sketches in front of the TV so it was hard to pay attention. And my cousin's husband was dissing the movie, so I had to get up and leave and go home. I should have put it on when I got home but I ended up watching something on my DVR instead. I know it may not have been the best movie ever, but if you pay attention to it, it has a subtle humor underneath the in-your-face gags.

    I remember you having a neat desk so that you could be ready to bolt at any time. On the other hand, no matter where I am it will take me a month to pack my things.

    I want to know about these green living products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I laughed more when I watched Nacho this weekend than the first time we saw it. I think I need to own that movie.

    The green products will make an appearance soon. You would have liked the expo--lots of free samples. They had a lot of water bottles that looked similar to yours. Sadly, I did not get any of those. I would have given you one if I did. Perhaps the next one I go to--if I still have a job.

    BTW...all the cookies are gone. They were sooooooooooooo good. They're like crack.

    ReplyDelete