Monday, March 16, 2009

More of the Same

This weekend started out pretty much like last weekend. I woke my butt up early on Saturday to haul my ass down to the DMV...errrr, I guess it's MVC where I live. I needed to renew my driver's license and this great state does not believe in renewing by mail. Luckily, to my surprise, it didn't take very long. I was in and out of there within 30 minutes. I even brought a book just in case. Turns out, I didn't need it.

After that I went to the post office, stopped at Staples to make a million copies and send a fax, and then I went to Target to get some essentials. All this was done before 11 a.m. It's amazing how productive I feel when I wake up early. Hmmmm...maybe I should do it more often. When I got home, I ate breakfast and even started doing some cleaning. I would have done laundry if I had some quarters, but I think I can get to it this week. To finish off the day I caught up on my Tivo'd shows and watched the Big 12 Championship game.

I know, doesn't my life sound exciting?

I'm really trying to avoid doing anything that will cost me any money since I'm on a tight budget. It's not so bad since there are a ton of things I need to do at home like organize files, separate things out that I want to donate, read books I've started but never finished, respond to emails I've had hanging out in my inbox for months...my list can go on and on.

I did manage to finally watch 300 this weekend. I know, where have I been and why haven't I watched it yet? Anyway, my coworker highly recommended it and let me borrow her copy. I really liked it. Although, it felt like the killing was endless, but I didn't really mind it too much since the guys were very hot. :) Anyway, I enjoyed the story and appreciated the special effects. I don't know why, but I'm developing this new appreciation for comic books and graphic novels. When I was a kid, I think the only comic book I ever read was Archie. Does watching the Batman and Wonder Woman TV shows count? I came across an article a few weeks ago that talked about the Holy Grail of comic books, the first Superman--an unrestored original. Apparently it was going up on the auction block. It was a pretty interesting story.

Nothing noteworthy happened last week. It was basically about work, work and more work. I did see signs for filming on Friday near my office. Apparently it was for a movie called Howl with James Franco and Paul Rudd. Let's see...what else. Every once in a while I go to one of those online dating sites and check out the profiles. Yes, sometimes I think it might be a good idea, but then I read some of those profiles, my stomach turns, and I realize why I haven't signed up myself. Next time I'll pick out the best (meaning lame) ones and post them here. Either these guys sound too good to be true or they're just idiots looking for a booty call. I think one of them even said straight out that he really liked sex as one of his hobbies or interests. OK...I guess I give him points for being honest.

Before this post turns into a rant about how hard it is to find a good man nowadays, I'm going to sign off and go to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. inquiring minds want to know what you were making a million copies of at staples. and of course i hope you get to see paul rudd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I was not making multiple copies of my resume and sending them to potential employers or making color copies of my favorite actors for the shrine in my bedroom...ummmm...I mean. Nevermind. Anyway, sadly, I did not see Paul Rudd. I think they've been filming at the Bronx Supreme Court.

    ReplyDelete