Sunday, July 19, 2009

Song in My Head

Apparently I have music on the brain this weekend. Occasionally I become obsessed with finding something on the Internet, and I don't stop until I find it. A while ago I decided to look online for a clip of a show. If you must know, there was a scene in What I Like About You where one of the characters sang an old song from the 40s. I liked her version of it so much I decided I needed to find that scene online, and I did--on YouTube.

For some reason, I felt like listening to the song today, but when I went to the bookmarked link I found out the page no longer existed. Of course the video was taken down because Warner Bros. complained--whatever.

Thankfully, it didn't take me too long to find the video on Dailymotion. But then I decided I wanted the video file just in case that one got ripped down, too. I knew the only way I was ever going to hear this version of the song again was through this show. So, after a little research, I managed to capture the video from the site. I thought that was it. I thought that was enough to satisfy me. Nope. I decided that I only wanted that one scene and didn't want to fast forward through the first six minutes of the video. So again, after some research, I was able to convert the video, edit it down and make a new copy.

No, the story doesn't end there, because of course I needed to be able to listen to it on my iPod whenever I wanted. Since I don't have any fancy editing software, I couldn't isolate the audio and get rid of the extra dialogue. Without going into all the boring details, I did manage to do what I could to clean it up and can now share the final product with you. Yes, it was a long process, but well worth it for me.

So here it is..."The More I See You" performed by Allison Munn:

No comments:

Post a Comment