Friday, July 17, 2009

Grease Is the Word

I'm sitting here on the couch trying to relax and watching Grease. For the millionth time. I don't know what it is about this movie, but it's the only one that makes me want to sing. Well, this and the Sound of Music. "Summer Nights" comes on and all of a sudden I'm bopping my head and trying to hit that high note both Olivia Newton John and John Travolta do so well. You know what I'm talking about. You know you've tried to hit that high note, too. Don't deny it.

Well, tonight that wasn't the song that made me bust out like Whitney Houston on crack. As I caught up on my blog reading, I suddenly started singing "Hopelessly Devoted to You." I didn't even know I was doing it until I found myself struggling to breathe. Yeah, I never could figure out how to get the breathing right while singing. Or maybe I just have bad lungs from inhaling all the NYC bus fumes.

Anyway, point is I'm not much of a singer. If you heard me, you'd know why. My sister instantly shushes me when she hears me start to sing along with the radio. I blame my mother for my inability to carry a tune. The only difference between me and her is that she doesn't care and will sing her little heart out at church until the very end. I guess I need to give her credit for her I-don't-give-a-crap attitude.

Yes, this is my Friday night.

2 comments:

  1. Okay. Some night, you, me and D. need to go out to a karaoke bar--and we can caterwaul Summer Nights together, okay? My lil sister will join us! Don't hate on the singing out of tune: Karaoke bars were built on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to need some cocktails before I start belting out the tunes. Maybe they'll help me hit a few good notes. I'm finally watching the pilot ep of Glee and it's making me want to break out in song. On my own, pretending he's beside me...

    ReplyDelete