Thursday, March 18, 2010

Is It Time for My 15 Minutes?

I received a funny email at work today. I thought it was a joke when I first read it,perhaps an early April's Fools prank, but I quickly realized it was real when everyone in the office started talking about it.

The email was from the owner of our company telling us that a film crew was going to come into our office and film us for a possible reality show. Yeah, you read that right. They're hanging out with us for a week, I think, to see what dirt they can dig up about us, put it all together in a heavily edited highlight reel, and try to sell it to the highest bidder so they can develop it into an actual show.

This was the funniest damn idea I'd ever heard. We always joked that some of the people in our office should be on a reality show, but there's no way we're that interesting. I spend my entire day holed up in my office tweeting. Sure, we have our bitch sessions when we get upset and there's a whole lot of crazy running around the halls, but there's no way we'd let the cameras in on that stuff. We all need a steady paycheck in this crappy economy.

I guarantee this crew is quickly going to realize that this whole thing is a bust and try to find some other company to infiltrate, which is completely fine with me. I'd rather get my 15 minutes of fame some other way.

2 comments:

  1. Hold up. You have a Twitter account?

    And a reality show with you in it would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get too excited. I'm in charge of the Twitter account at work, so I'm on that thing all day. I hate to think what would happen if I had my own account. That plus a smart phone would be too much. I'd be on it 24/7. Every thought running through my head would make its way to Twitter. Scary. But I'm so tempted. Don't be surprised if my my ass starts following you on Twitter one day.

    And no, a reality show with me in it would be the most boring thing ever.

    ReplyDelete