Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day Update

It's almost 6:00 and I have to say that this work day has gone by pretty fast. Here's what it now looks like outside my building:


 

It actually isn't as bad as it could've been--definitely not as bad as D.C. They really got slammed. Tomorrow's commute will most likely be gross and disgusting, but that's OK, I got to stay home today and I have the day off Monday. Although the wind is supposed to kick up tomorrow at least there won't be any snow smacking me in the face. Walking to the bus stop when you can barely see or move isn't my idea of fun. I thought I'd walk down the street to find something to eat, but I'm pretty warm and cozy in my self-made cocoon so I think I'll just see if I can scrounge up something here. I think I have everything I need for a grilled cheese sandwich and I spotted a can of tomato soup in the cupboard.

I was supposed to go to Trader Joe's at some point and pick up some of WH's favorite snacks for her visit this weekend (it's her birthday on Saturday!), but the way things are going it doesn't look like Mother Nature is going to allow the visit. Maybe the sun is powerful enough to melt all this snow in the next 24 hours? Yeah, that's definitely wishful thinking. Unfortunately, more snow is expected for Monday and Tuesday. Damn that groundhog and his shadow!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making my birthday great. BTW- I just wanted to let you know there is nothing new going on with me.

    ReplyDelete