Monday, November 9, 2009

Pretty in Pink

I was sitting at my desk this morning when the office guy came by with a package for me. (Minds out of the gutter people!) I figured it was just another product from a PR firm. I don't really get that many compared to the other editors, but then again, I'm relatively new to this position.

Anyway, when I opened it up I found a heart-shaped box wrapped in tissue paper. OK, I thought, this is obviously a promotion for Valentine's Day, which really isn't that far away if you think about it. What freaked me out a little was the fact that the tissue had "X rated" all over it. (Yes, my mind then went to the gutter at that point.) When I shook the box I could hear things moving around, so I figured it could be anything, from chocolate to lingerie or even a sex toy. As I opened the box I was fully prepared to find something completely naughty, but I was pleasantly suprised to find chocolates and three itty-bitty bottles of pink alcohol: X Rated Fusion Liqueur, a sensuous  fusion of ultra premium French vodka and Sicilian blood orange mingling with mango and passion fruits. Sounds delicious!

I brought it home with me, but I have yet to bust it open and drink it. The box included a few drink recipes, so I'll have to try them out. I shared the other bottles with my coworkers, and one of them decided she needed a swig at 11:30 this morning. I busted up laughing as I watched her, which of course made her laugh and almost choke on the drink. She was so happy for the little treat--I don't think I'd ever seen her that excited the whole time I've worked with her.

So what was the verdict? She gave it an enthusiastic two thumbs up. Since it's pink, I'm pretty sure my male readers won't touch it with a 10-foot pole. Well, except maybe JG--he's always up for girly things. :) I kid, I kid--not really.

I think what's keeping me from opening the bottle and downing the contents is that it's just too cute to drink. I will have to do a taste test soon if I'm going to write something up for our site. Although it's a tiny bottle, I'm pretty sure the color of my face is going to match the bottle once I'm done. Cheers to me!

3 comments:

  1. I demand photos! Also, I'm jealous. Alcoholic swag? Sign me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't drink and bus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry...I made sure I took it home so I could drink it safely without the puking all over the commuters.

    Yes, it's fun getting swag in the mail. The chocolates weren't half bad either. I'll take a pic and post it before I down it like it's 1999. :)

    ReplyDelete