Friday, June 12, 2009

Party Down!

I have a new favorite show. Well, a new one to add to the already long list. Thanks to Netflix, I just finished watching all 10 episodes of the first season of Party Down. Let me tell you--it is LOL funny!


The show is about a group of struggling dreamers (mostly actors) working for a catering company and waiting for that one big break. Maybe I'm a little biased because Rob Thomas is one of the creators and many former Veronica Mars cast members make an appearance, but really, this shit is funny.

I'm attracted to pathetic but likable characters and this show definitely has no shortage of them. They're completely ridiculous, but your heart goes out to them. They're kind of like the great Michael Scott. You shake your heads at them, but at the same time you just want to give them a hug.

When the last ep ended, I actually said "Nooooooooooooo" out loud. I was so sad. I can't wait until the second season! If you like these types of comedies and you've got Netflix, I highly suggest adding this to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment