Monday, June 8, 2009

Addicted

To what you ask? First let me say that I sometimes refrain from participating in things or partaking of things because I know I have to set limits--when I get too involved or find that I really like something, let's just say that I tend to be a little extremist. With that said, I fell off the wagon and now I'm paying for it.

We all know I'm addicted to TV. If you've ever seen my Tivo lineup, you know it's pretty extensive--and that's only regular cable. Imagine if I had all the premium channels. Now that it's summer, there isn't much on television to distract me. Well, except for Burn Notice. Love that guy! Anyway, to fill that void, I decided to sign up for Netflix so I could watch those other TV shows everyone keeps raving about--Battlestar Galactica, Party Down, The Tudors, Dexter, True Blood, etc., etc., etc. I swore I'd only be a member for the 3-month summer hiatus. HA! Within the first 48 hours I already had about 50 TV shows and movies on my list. Pathetic. The current total: 72 DVDs and 15 Instant Views. Yeah, looks like the membership may go into fall.

Another thing I find myself gravitating to in the summertime is iced coffee.

Random thought timeout: "Come As You Are" just popped up on my "radio." I don't know about you, but whenever I hear this song I feel like I'm transported back in time to my awkward teen years. And I say "radio" because a few weeks ago my coworker introduced me to Pandora.com and now I'm hooked. I've only created three stations so far that I listen to regulary--My Girly Music, Grungy Boy Music and Rap Radio (well, mainstream rap--too soft for the hardcore stuff). I've even discovered a few new songs and artists. Love it!

OK, back to iced coffee. I quit drinking coffee regularly a long time ago. At my first real job, I used to walk into the office, put down my stuff, grab a cup of coffee and steal the yummy hazelnut creamer from NT's (now NG) desk drawer. She always had it right next to her secret stash of vodka. (I kid, I kid!) After I got laid off from that job (not because I drank NG's secret stash)...

Another random thought timeout: OMG! "Paradise City" just came on! Man, I loved Guns N' Rose back in the day. I know, shocking since my iTunes is filled with sappy girly music.

...I just stopped drinking coffee. I guess I drank it more out of habit, so I guess you couldn't really say it was an addiction. But now...well now, I kind of crave it. Ever since summer started I've had more than my fair share of iced coffees. The main reasons being I've been falling asleep at my desk, I've been really stressed at work and I've really been craving the taste. I buy coffee ice cream, too. What did I say earlier about going to extremes? Well, when the weather starts to cool down, I'm pretty sure the coffee addiction will, too.

OK, back to adding more movies to the Netflix list. Is there a 12-step program for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment