Thursday, September 24, 2009

To be or not to be...

I was so anxious today. All I wanted to do was go home, stuff myself with all the cookies I baked, and watch my Tivo'd shows and BSG DVD. Is there any way to make a living just watching TV? There must be studies out there that need guinea pigs. I'd happily volunteer.

Don't worry, my ass is not permanently stuck to the couch. This summer I actually finished four books on my pile, which happens to be an accomplishment for me considering how much television I watch. I'm lucky if I can finish one in a year. Unfortunately, I have stacks more that I need to finish. I recently started reading The Lovely Bones because WH highly recommended it, it's been sitting on my shelf for more than two years now, and a movie is coming out soon. So far it's been a great book. Unfortunately, I can't read it before I go to sleep, which is when I do most of my reading. One night I had a nightmare, but I just thought it was some random stress-induced bad dream. Then I had another one and realized that was not the case. They both related to the book in some way, so now I have to find some other time read it. Note to self: Choose more light-hearted stories for bedtime reading.

Let's see...what other Arts & Entertainment things can I talk about? I did see Hamlet starring Jude Law last night.

As repayment for cat-sitting, my co-worker took me to see the play. Say what you will about Jude Law's personal life, but the man is a phenomenal stage actor. He delivered a great performance and his interpretation of the Prince of Denmark was quite entertaining. It's been a while since I read the play, but as it progressed it all came flooding back to me. Sometimes I get a little nervous when I watch Shakespeare just because it's almost like they're speaking a different language, but it was fine. I'd forgotten how funny Hamlet was for a tragedy. Anyway, I had a good time and like I said, Jude Law was amazing. If you ever get the chance to see him on stage, you definitely should.

Note to DS: It was in the same theater as Equus. It was weird to see it without the circular stage.

Not much else was going on this week and it looks like more of the same for this weekend. Rain is expected on Sunday so I should be locked up inside catching up on new shows. Maybe I'll even squeeze in a Netflix movie.

2 comments:

  1. Any feed back for the chapters yet? Or was it so bad that you're trying to save our friendship by pretending the email didn't go thru? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, still haven't read it yet. I'm a slacker. I had a horrible headache last weekend and this week I'm in Maine. I promise, when I get some quiet time I'll read it. Cross my heart...

    ReplyDelete