Sunday, August 18, 2013

Do You Believe in Angels?


I believe in these Angels.


Summer is coming to a close and I’m a little sad that it’s flown by so quickly. This past week I saw my Anaheim Angels for the last time and I have to say that it was disappointing to see such a bad game since I rarely get to see one of their games. When I was home in April, they started their season with the Oakland A’s so I got tickets for me and my sister. It was my birthday weekend and I really wanted to see my boys get a win. Unfortunately, it was one of the worst games I’d seen until this past week. Seeing them lose to the Yankees was even more depressing.




The view from our seats



Watching my favorite player, Mike Trout, warm up


Another view from our seats


Rally Monkey taking in the view


Rally Monkey excited about being at the game

I took a half day and headed out to Yankee Stadium with a friend who was nice enough to come with me even though he doesn’t like either one of the teams. Going to Yankee Stadium isn’t exactly the easiest thing to do during rush hour, but we got there and I was able to watch my beloved Angels warm up before the game.

After eating a hot dog and some fried pickles, we made our way to our seats, which weren’t half bad. I obviously chose the Visitors side as close to the field as I could possibly afford. We were seated in the section right behind the expensive seats and let me tell you, there’s some excellent people watching in that area.



Rally Monkey decides he needs a beer after Soriano’s grand slam in the first inning


Rally Monkey definitely needs another beer as the Angels fall even more behind

If I were ever rich enough to own a baseball team I’d jack up the price of the luxury boxes and keep all the rich people up there so the real fans could sit up close where they belong. The section in front of us was only half full and only half the people present were actually paying attention to the game. What was really annoying was how some of these people decided to stand and block my line of vision when the Angels were up to bat. Really, people? There are people sitting behind you who actually want to watch the game. Have a little respect and carry on your conversations in your overpriced seats.



Rally Monkey decides to show everyone how he feels about the Yankees


The beers finally get to Rally Monkey

As you can see, since the game was a bust, we decided to have a little fun with my Rally Monkey. Not even he could get my Angels hyped up in the Bronx that night. Although it was a huge loss, it felt good to see my Angels one last time. Even though we weren’t in California, seeing them and all their fans in the stands made feel a little closer to home. For a second, I could almost feel myself at Angels Stadium cheering with my sister. How could you not believe in Angels when you encounter those moments?

No comments:

Post a Comment