Sunday, August 1, 2010

If You Can't Beat Them, Follow Them

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I now have a Twitter account. I know, gasp. It's not a "personal" account with my name and this blog on it, but it is linked to my TV blog. So why did I sell out? I did it for a job...well, a job that I really want. If you read this job description, I guarantee you would think it was created for me. Unfortunately, one of the job requirements is: Significant personal presence on a variety of social media sites.

While I do maintain our social media sites at work, I don't have my own. So I decided to jump on the bandwagon and start one. Although, the chances of me actually getting this job are pretty much the same as my chances of winning the lottery. I'm sure a million people have already applied during the four days the ad has been up on the site. Even if the economy were in good shape, there would still be a ton of people applying simply because the job is for an entertainment site.

Anyway, the point to this post is that I'm on Twitter now so it's only a matter of time before it completely consumes me. Could Facebook be next? Possibly, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

2 comments:

  1. I am not often at a loss for words but this is close. If you actually open a facebook account I will lose my flippin mind! But just in case, will you be my friend? WBH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, I can't quite believe it either. I totally blame lack of sleep and staying up late for this lapse in judgment. Don't worry, if I have another mental break and sign up for Facebook, you can be my friend.

    ReplyDelete