Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Satisfying My Sweet Tooth

Sugar is definitely my weakness. I crave it and I need it like a crack whore needs...well, crack. There were many occasions this week when I wanted to step off my bus and buy a donut at Dunkin' Donuts or ice cream at Baskin Robbins, but I resisted. It was really hard.

As I went through my kitchen last night trying to figure out what to eat, I spotted a box of lemon cake mix. Yes, that was the answer--I'd make cupcakes to satisfy my craving and get rid of one more thing from the cupboards. Perfect!

So, while I was putting together dinner I whipped up some lemon cupcakes, topped them with whipped cream frosting and added a sprinkle of toasted coconut. Here's the end result:



They may not be as pretty as those perfect bakery cupcakes, but they sure are yummy. That's all that matters, right? I think I'm going to have one now!

2 comments:

  1. I would like one please. There should be a FedEx or UPS conveniently located close to your home or office. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a matter of fact, there is a FedEx next door to my office building. Too bad I ate all the cupcakes. Just kidding--that would make me the biggest pig ever. I'm just lazy. Besides, your cupcake would just freeze on its way to Kansas and then it wouldn't taste good anymore. I can't do that to a perfectly good cupcake. That's just wrong.

    ReplyDelete